Use of this website and purchasing any products and services is with your understanding and agreement of the following terms and conditions. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
Orders placed before 2pm AEST should be packed and shipped same day, with delivery usually in 1-3 business days. While we aim to have your order to you as quick as possible, sometimes orders may take more than 5 business days due to factors outside our control.
You will receive an email when your order is shipped which contains your shipment tracking details. Should you believe there is a problem with the delivery of your order, please contact our Client Services team on 1800 567 348.
Delivery within Australia is a flat rate of $15. For orders over $250, we offer complimentary shipping.
Delivery is normally by Australia Post, StarTrack Express or Couriers Please. At the time of delivery, if no one is available to take delivery at your specified address, the delivery agent will leave your package as specified by your delivery instructions. Please ensure any specific requirements for delivery are noted in the ‘Delivery Info’ field when placing your order but you cannot specify a delivery time.
Please be aware that if you specify that your delivery must be signed for, you will be subject to redelivery charges if no one is present at the time of delivery.
Please ensure that you provide your full address when ordering. We cannot be responsible for non-delivery if you do not provide the correct address.
As a food product, LifeShape LED cannot be returned or refunded. Standard Australian Consumer Law rights apply.
Damaged on Delivery
For any products delivered within Australia that are found to be damaged on arrival, customers must notify our Client Service team on 1800 567 348 within 24 hours of delivery.
Lifeshape Health Pty Ltd recommends that you should always consult our clinical team or your healthcare professional if you have any questions or concerns about your health, weight loss or the use of LifeShape LED Bars or Shakes.
LifeShape LED is a convenient, nutritionally balanced dietary replacement option for clients of LifeShape Clinic. Usage should be as recommended by your healthcare professional or the LifeShape Clinic health professional team and for further information please read our Important Information for Weight Loss. This website offers general advice only.
LifeShape Online Program – Terms and Conditions and Important Weight Loss Information
By purchasing LifeShape Online you consent to the conditions set out in the following:
- LifeShape Online Terms and Conditions
- Important Weight Loss Information
LifeShape Online Terms and Conditions
I confirm that I have been given a sufficient opportunity to read and consider the following Terms and Conditions and Important Weight Loss Information appropriate to my LifeShape Online Program (meal plan or LifeShape LED™ based) as well as ask any and all questions I may have about the Programs. I consent to be treated pursuant to the Program, including the LED meal replacement or meal plan as described in the Important Weight Loss Information.
- Your LifeShape Online program has a number of clinical consultations with dietitians, exercise physiologists, psychologists and where necessary medical practitioners. You may have a number of different consultation types within the same week.
- Where consultations are scheduled in advance we will, where possible, provide clinical staff continuity however our clinical staff may vary depending on our clinical requirements and your availability.
- If you are not available for your booked consultation that appointment will be forfeited. It is your responsibility to book any eligible consultations and if you choose not to make bookings you will forfeit those consultations.
- You will be advised of your program start date and end date after which no more consultations are scheduled.
2.Consultation Changes or Cancellations
- You must notify us by calling 1800 567 348 if you are unavailable for a booked consultation.
- With changes greater than 24 hours notice, we offer you an alternative consultation time within that week. If you are unavailable for any offered time, you will forfeit that consultation.
- For cancellations with less than 24 hours notice or your non attendance, unless you have a scheduled consultation by phone or video, or pay a re-booking fee to have the consultation again, these consultations will be forfeited.
- For any additional consultations not included in your LifeShape program, cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will incur a $75 rebooking fee, unless we are able to fill that appointment.
- Privacy Laws will not allow us to acknowledge instructions from anybody but you. If you wish someone to act on your behalf in relation to Program management such as appointment schedules, LifeShape LED™ pick up, you must authorise that person in writing.
3. Program Payments
Your program payment requires either:
- Full payment on the LifeShape Shop prior to your initial Dietetic consultation OR
- A payment authority from a valid credit card or direct debit from a bank account holding sufficient funds to pay your two monthly payments set out in your Program payment schedule.
- Any changes to your Direct Debit Agreement will attract an administration fee of $50.00
- Failure to meet any Program payment obligation may result in late payment administration fees of $40.00 for each occurrence.
- For additional primary care services for underlying medical conditions outside of our standard Program components for weight loss management, these will be charged to you by the providers of those services.
- If screening pathology is required and is unable to be bulk billed you will be charged by those providers at the time of the blood collection and you will be on charged any additional fees that we incur.
- If you are ineligible for an Australian Government issued Medicare card, or you have an ineligible card, you will be ineligible for any Medicare item number rebates and pathology services. Any medical or pathology services provided will be charged additionally to the Program charge.
- Where an overdue account is referred to an external collection agency, all costs associated with that action will be payable by you
- All medical appointments are bulk billed and there are no rebates available.
- Private health insurance and Medicare rebates may be available for allied health appointments. Private health rebates will depend on your level of cover. Please check with your insurer. We can provide you with a record of completed services for claiming your consultations upon request and one will automatically be provided to you upon the completion of your Program.
- Medicare rebates are available for clients on an eligible Chronic Disease Management Plan or Team Care Arrangements.
- There is no refund if you withdraw from your Program. All Programs have a start date and an end date.
6. I accept no guarantee can be made concerning the expected results of the Program.
7. I acknowledge that the LifeShape Program is not replacing my usual GP as my primary carer. I am not having a face to face initial medical and consequently I will be participating in a LifeShape program without having a physical examination. I understand and accept that a LifeShape doctor cannot be held responsible for being unable to diagnose a medical problem that would have been obvious with a physical examination.
9. I consent to LifeShape Clinic sending my results to my GP or Specialist as a continuum of client care unless I withdraw that consent in writing.
10. I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue, make claim against the property of or otherwise prosecute Lifeshape Health Pty Ltd (trading as LifeShape Clinic), any of their affiliate organisations, their officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, and/or landlords (collectively, the “releasees”), for liability on account of injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from, or related to, my participation in the programs including, but not limited to, claims based upon the negligence of any of the releasees in relation to my participation in the Program, except, for liability which by law, the releasees cannot exclude.
11. I hereby agree to indemnify and to hold harmless the releasees from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including legal fees, resulting from any claim brought against the releasees arising from, or related to, my participation in the Program including, but not limited to, claims based upon the negligence of any of the releasees in relation to my participation in the Program, except for any claim which, by law, the releasees cannot exclude under clause 10 above.
12. I understand that notwithstanding paragraphs 10 and 11 above the total liability of the releasees for any claim, which by law, I can make against the releases, is limited to the refund of the total amount of fees I have paid during my participation in the Program.
13. I have read and understand the information, consents, releases and indemnities in this document and are accepted by me in lawful consideration of my participation in the LifeShape Online program.
Important Weight Loss Information
LifeShape Online and LifeShape LED is predominantly for adults 18 years and over who are overweight or obese. These Programs utilise a nutritionally formulated meal replacement food, LifeShape LED™, to provide, when used as directed, a fully balanced Low Calorie Diet (LCD).
There is no guarantee that weight loss will occur or will be maintained. The amount of weight lost is variable depending upon your initial weight, metabolism, exercise levels, compliance and goal weight.
Please adhere to all instructions provided in the LifeShape Online program and the LifeShape Clinic staff. Inform staff of all medication that you are taking, including non-prescription drugs.
2.0 POTENTIAL SIDE-EFFECTS WHILE LOSING WEIGHT
2.1 All Programs are based on Low Calorie Diets (LCD) using LifeShape LED™ or meal plans provided by LifeShape clinicians. A Program using 5 LifeShape LED™ sachets per day (or less plus a meal plan) provides a minimum of 800 calories of energy, 70g of protein and a complete supply of vitamins and minerals. In addition you will have a bowl of non-starchy vegetables or additional food each day. After the initial week 1 weight loss, which may be up to 5% or more of your weight, the target weight loss is up to 1–2% of your initial weight each week. Greater rates of weight loss may result in an increased loss of muscle or lean body weight; however, any weight loss will result in a reduction of some lean tissue. Lean tissue loss can be reduced by exercise, but excessive exercise may result in muscle wasting. Maintain the activity schedule set out in the LifeShape Online program content. With increasing weight, an individual’s risk of developing serious diseases and premature mortality also increases. Low Calorie Diets (LCD) are successfully used worldwide in conjunction with behavioural change programs. However, complications may arise whilst undergoing weight loss and weekly recording of weight and general wellness are important to continue to lose weight safely. If you have an occupation requiring you to be alert at all times (e.g. surgeons, pilots, commercial drivers, operating heavy equipment or working at heights) your energy intake may be increased and alcohol must be abstained. Generally clients are able to continue driving, but if significant light-headedness or faintness occurs, driving may need to be temporarily suspended. You are advised not to travel extensively for the first two weeks on the LifeShape Online program. You are required to report your weight each week and if weight loss exceeds 2% of initial weight per week, your energy intake may be increased. To maintain your metabolic rate, you will be recommended to eat 5 meals per day and to include resistance training as part of your exercise routine.
2.2 Dehydration: This is due to the initial weight loss as carbohydrate (glycogen) energy stores are utilised and excess water is excreted. Up to two thirds of the initial weight loss is water. This results in increased urination and if not replaced with adequate fluid may result in dehydration. Also there may be some salt depletion. Dehydration may manifest as light-headedness or dizziness and is associated with a low blood pressure (hypotension) on standing. If the hypotension is severe, it may precipitate a stroke, heart attack or chest pain in those clients with pre-existing cardiovascular disease or at high risk of such. You may be required to monitor your blood pressure and this may be done by your GP, pharmacist or the use of a home blood pressure monitor. This information is to be reported to the clinic at your weekly consultation. Where blood pathology is requested, a blood pathology form will be sent to you. It is recommended that this be attended to immediately. If any abnormalities occur, the clinic doctor or dietitians may request that you consult your general practitioner. Dehydration causes the blood to become thicker and thereby increases the risk of deep vein thrombosis (clotting).
Management: Drink 2 litres or greater of water per day and, if still symptomatic, increase this amount and add salt to your diet. Abstain from alcohol during the first two weeks as alcohol causes increased fluid loss (diuresis). It is important to discuss an alcohol consumption strategy with your health professional whilst undertaking weight loss.
2.3 Hormonal changes: Changes in menstrual patterns and reduced libido may occur secondary to hormonal changes as the body adapts to a low energy diet.
2.4 Constipation: Constipation may occur as generally you are receiving less fibre on the LCD than a standard diet. Constipation may cause exacerbation of haemorrhoids and cause anal fissures.
Management: Drink at least 2 litres of water, minimise caffeinated drinks and consume a certain amount of non-starchy vegetables per day as well as use a fibre supplement. Report any ongoing symptoms to your LifeShape Dietitian.
2.5 Gout: Gout may occur as uric acid, which is often high in overweight people, increases on a low calorie diet. This may worsen with dehydration. Prevent dehydration and ensure adequate fluid intake (2.2).
2.6 Other: Headaches, nausea, fatigue and faintness and less commonly blackouts may occur secondary to low blood glucose level as well as due to dehydration. If faintness and blackouts occur, please notify the LifeShape staff immediately and do not drive or operate heavy dangerous machinery. The above side effects are generally mild and temporary and can be prevented. They are generally alleviated by simple measures if detected early.
Management: Clients are recommended to consume 5 meals per day at recommended meal times. These symptoms tend to dissipate within 3 – 5 days of starting a LCD as the body gets used to a different fuel mix.
2.7 Hunger: When fat is the main source of energy, as occurs with a LCD and with a lower carbohydrate diet, ketones may be produced in the liver that cause a state of ketosis. Excess ketones are excreted in the urine and also occur in the breath although this is usually minimal with LifeShape LED™. Ketosis is a normal mechanism, which suppresses appetite while in a low energy state. If you do eat excess carbohydrates or drink alcohol, then these will be used as the preferred fuel source by the body and hunger may occur.
Management: Taking LifeShape LED™ regularly throughout the day helps suppress hunger, as blood glucose levels do not fluctuate. Discuss an alcohol consumption strategy with your LifeShape Dietitian and reduce your alcohol intake in line with this strategy.
2.8 Gallstones: Overweight people, especially those who diet, may be at risk of having gallstones. Gallstones are cholesterol stones in the gall bladder.
Management: A small amount of olive oil will be added as directed by your dietitian to your vegetables each day to reduce this risk. If gallstones do form, they are not removed unless they are symptomatic.
2.9 Cholecystitis and Gallstones: Obesity increases the chance of having gallstones. Bile is normally produced in the liver, stored in the gallbladder and regularly excreted into the intestine to aid digestion. Fat in the diet stimulates regular contraction of the gallbladder. Obesity increases the chance of stasis of the bile in the gallbladder. This may result in “sludging” and the formation of gallstones. Cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder) is more likely if gallstones are already present. The symptoms of cholecystitis are abdominal pain localized below the ribs on the right-hand side, or centrally and often associated with tenderness, nausea and fever. Cholecystitis usually requires surgery with removal of the gallbladder, which is generally done laparoscopically. There appears to be no long- term ill effects from gallbladder removal. The incidence of cholecystitis quoted in the literature is 1%. Rarely pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas), a potentially more serious complication, can occur in people with small gallstones and gallbladder disease.
Management: If any of the above symptoms occur, please notify your usual general practitioner and the LifeShape Clinic as soon as possible. If pain is severe call an ambulance. A small amount of vegetable oil daily is recommended to stimulate gallbladder emptying.
2.10 Fatty Hepatitis (non-viral): This may manifest before or during weight loss by an increase in liver
enzymes. This type of hepatitis is due to excess fat mobilization in the liver. Fatty liver is common in overweight people and resolves with weight loss but there is some evidence that “fatty hepatitis” is exacerbated by rapid weight loss. The hepatitis is usually asymptomatic. It may also be exacerbated by alcohol and excessive amounts of paracetamol and therefore these should be avoided while on LifeShape LED™.
Management: If fatty hepatitis is present before or occurs during weight loss, the recommended rate of weight loss is usually reduced. Blood testing may be done throughout the Program to monitor liver enzymes.
2.11 Clients with pre-existing Insulin dependent diabetes: Insulin dependent diabetics can develop hypoglycaemia and ketoacidosis with severe energy restriction.
Management: A low energy diet of at least 1200 calories/day (5040kJ/day) will be prescribed for these individuals. Individuals will be required to monitor their blood glucose levels (using glucometers), as insulin adjustment may be necessary at onset and during weight reduction. As a matter of professional courtesy, a letter will be sent to these individual’s endocrinologist/general practitioner to inform them of the Program and their planned participation. You will be required to approach your treating doctor for assistance regarding insulin dosage adjustments and additional monitoring of your diabetes.
2.12 Cardiac arrhythmia: Obesity increases the risk of coronary artery disease and may be associated with cardiac rhythm disturbance (arrhythmia). These arrhythmias may be due to an increased incidence of sleep apnoea or an obesity specific cardiomyopathy. The most serious form of arrhythmia is a ventricular arrhythmia, which can lead to sudden death. For the majority of overweight or obese individuals, losing weight reduces their risk of arrhythmia and sudden death.
However, in a very small percentage of individuals (perhaps those with a congenital or acquired abnormality of the cardiac conduction system) rapid weight loss may increase their risk for arrhythmia and sudden death. Those at risk cannot be readily identified but it is generally accepted that the risk of remaining obese is far greater than that associated with weight loss and weight maintenance.
Management: The LifeShape Clinic Doctor will review your provided medical history and discuss any risk management required.
2.13 Pregnancy: Excessive weight can be a cause of infertility, which may improve with rapid weight loss. Women should practise effective contraception whilst on an LCD.
Management: If pregnancy occurs whilst you are on the Program, you must report this immediately and the LCD will be modified as directed by your dietitian.
2.14 Medical Care: LifeShape Clinic staff are not replacing your usual GP or Specialist care. The role of the Clinic Medical Practitioner is to provide, where necessary, medical screening at the commencement of your Program and for any subsequent medical issues that may arise during the Program. You may be referred back to your usual GP or Specialist for any medical condition or symptom deemed appropriate by the LifeShape Clinic staff.
3.0 MEDICAL HISTORY
If there is a history of significant disease that may impact on the safety or effectiveness of the Program, the LifeShape Clinic doctor may need to contact your treating specialist or GP before commencing the Program as a professional courtesy.
4.0 PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Clients who are already undertaking regular exercise are usually able to continue this without problems. However, extremely strenuous or prolonged exercise is not recommended in the early part of the Program.
Try to make yourself more physically active in your incidental activities of daily living (gardening, taking the stairs etc). Do not participate in activities that can cause dizziness or light-headedness, particularly in the first few weeks of the Program.
Please do not schedule any elective surgery during the period whilst you are taking the low energy meal replacements. If emergency surgery becomes necessary, please contact us as soon as possible as we may have to discuss your treatment with your treating doctor/anaesthetist.
6.0 INTERNATIONAL TRAVELLING
Please contact the clinic two weeks prior to travelling overseas. This will give the clinic sufficient time to write a travel letter and also discuss your meal options while away. Long distant travel is associated with increased risk of deep vein thrombosis, so dehydration must be avoided.
7.0 ONLINE CLIENTS
All consultations will be maintained either through organised video, phone, or email consultations. You will be required to monitor your weight weekly and where requested your blood pressure. This may be done by your GP, pharmacist or the use of a home blood pressure monitor. This information is to be reported to the clinic at your weekly consultation. Where blood pathology is requested, a blood pathology form will be sent to you. It is recommended that this be attended to immediately. If any abnormalities occur, the clinic doctor or dietitians may request that you consult your general practitioner.